sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I replaced the battery in my Mercedes Benz keyfob, but every

Customer Question

I replaced the battery in my Mercedes Benz keyfob, but every time I start my car, it still says the battery needs to be replaced. Why is it not recognizing my new battery? I even switched to my spare key, and it still says I need a new battery. So now I've changed the battery in both...probably through away perfectly good batteries thanks to this message I keep getting from my car. smh
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Fault codes may need to be cleared with a scan tool or battery disconnect before the warning will stay off.

Have you replaced the battery in all fobs that are currently used with the vehicle?