Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

MARTY! WE INSTALLED A USED TRANSMISSION ON A 2010 MBENZ

Customer Question

GOOD AFTERNOON MARTY! WE INSTALLED A USED TRANSMISSION ON A 2010 MBENZ GLK350. WE SWAPED THE VALVE BODY, AND THE TRANSMISSION IS SHIFTING ERRATICKLY, IS THERE ANY REPROGRAMING FOR THIS OR NO?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Hi, there is no programming needed but you can reset the adaptions of the transmission control unit with a Mercedes scan tool. The control unit is adapted to the old transmission. When installed in the new transmission it may not shift properly until you reset the adaptions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did it with a snap on scanner and it keeps doing it! You think i should do it with a mercedes tool?
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

It should not be any different. It sounds like the used transmission may have some issues. Make sure your fluid level is correct and continue to drive the car. It may adapt if you put some more miles on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its doing all the shifts like when the gears are slipping. You think driving it, it might do better?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked the oil level again and its at the proper level
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

If you drive it the TCU will try to adapt the shifts. If it doesn't adapt I'd say your used transmission is faulty.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok marty! Let me test drive right now for 30 min and see what it does
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Okay

Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in. Did the shifting improve on your road test?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I didnt had the time to drive it! We will be back at work on monday and we will test drive it to see how it does. Thanks marty for checking, I'll respond back on monday morning...
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Okay