Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2013 ML350, 30,000 miles, "check brake pad wear" came on and

Customer Question

2013 ML350, 30,000 miles, "check brake pad wear" came on and stays on. Pulled wheels and calipers, plenty of pad left. Is this message activated by mileage or actual sensors. I purchased pads and new sensors but did not see any sensors on any of the wheels.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No codes, just "check brake pad wear"
JA: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Was going to replace all pads but when I went to do it, they were all in excellent condition.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 22 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** is only one front and one rear pad wear sensor. If the warning light came on either the front or rear sensor is being cut by the brake rotor or you have a defective sensor or a fault with the wiring. The sensors are usually installed in the right side brakes. If you didn't check all 4 wheels you should do that and see if one front or rear pads is worn down to the sensor. The light is triggered by the sensors, not by time or mileage.