Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Hello. I have a Mercedes c300 2014. I need to install an

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Mercedes c300 2014. I need to install an interlock device. Any advice on makes, models etc. do I have to let Mercedes know? This has been a humiliating experience. I just want it to end. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 24 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is unfortunate but I do fully understand that this is needed.The interlock devices sold by the company below are generally very good.Mercedes usually in the cases I have seen, did not have to be contacted about it.It may have to be installed by a dealer though since it would tie into a Mercedes ignition system.

https://www.lifesafer.com/devices/fc100-ignition-interlock-device/?keyword=%2Binterlock&gclid=CLbmoaLDsNACFYY1aQodLnAP9g

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete