MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

2004 sl 500 battery control module issue, new batterys and

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: 2004 sl 500 battery control module issue
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: new batterys and alternator visit workshop remains and car looses all power turning on all dash lights then abs gos out im suspecting the bcm is burnt dont know were it is
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new baateries anbd alternator all that checks out its all that left the bcm and the fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

in order to help you diagnose this (i dont think the battery control module is the issue) we need to verify voltage at the rear battery when the car is running. let me know the voltage please. Lou P.