Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I drive a Subaru, im just kidding, just joking bro, ho stfu,

Customer Question

i drive a Subaru
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: im just kidding
JA: What year is your Subaru?
Customer: just joking bro
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ho stfu
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
ok sorry about the previous dialogue, I was trying to see if i was talking to a robot or real person.Anyways I drive a 1991 300D 2.5 Turbo that recently had an engine swap. After the swap the car was sitting for nearly a year. once i began driving it again the car would stall out after driving for about 15 mins. the car will immediately turn back on with no problem but will stall out again if i hit the gas. it appears to also be able to idle indefinitely. I can also coast in D and pick up speed by barely touching the pedal (sometimes this works, sometimes it cuts right out. Im assuming there's an issue with fuel delivery (but have no clue) so I went ahead and ordered a new inline fuel filter, canister filter as well as a new fuel tank strainer. am I on the right track? is something getting clogged up? is the diesel injector pump going out? please help!
Expert:  Ron replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This dose sound like a fuel pressure concern and I do think you are on the right track. Get the filter changed and then see if the problem remains. If it dose then the next step would be to install a fuel pressure gauge and read the actual fuel pressure.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I drive a 1991 Mercedes Benz 300D 2.5 Turbo Diesel. If you don't mind, I'd like to get an answer from a Mercedes Diesel expert.
Expert:  Ron replied 20 days ago.

Okay you had it listed as a Subaru. I will move the post for you.