Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a Mercedes 300CE 1989, the car takes a while to start

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 300CE 1989, the car takes a while to start but it starts after cranking for a whiel more in the morings when it is cold, then when I press the accelerator and it goes " 2 2 2 2 2" and it will not accelerate and then after that if your lucky if it accelerates good , it will function good, but if it not functions after the 22222, it will stall the engine. What is this what can I check, I hope I explained well to you all!
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 24 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** first thing I would do is check the fuses in the overvoltage protection relay. The relay powers the engine management system. If the fuses are blown or the relay is bad it will cause the car to be hard starting when cold and won't run well until it warms up. The relay is located behind the battery on your car. It is a small silver relay with a lid on the top with one or two fuses under the lid.

Let me know what you find.

Marty

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello Marty: I am going to check the fuse box and I will let you know what I find. You are right the problem is that the car to be hard starting when cold and won't run well until it warms up. thank you!
Expert:  Marty replied 21 days ago.

You're quite welcome. Remember, this relay is located behind your battery.