Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a new recently purchased 1991 sl300 i replaced the

Customer Question

Hi i have a new recently purchased 1991 sl300 i replaced the battery recently after jumping the old one, however the abs light, and power seats now don't work is that from jumping it and how do i fix ? w\is it a fuse?
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: no just the abs, and titl power wheel however the brakes a re fine is it because lo broke fluid?
JA: What is the model of your '91 Mercedes?
Customer: sl300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing i just got it and i don't know where the 1- trunk light is and two fuse box related to this?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also what the lug patter is?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the ABS light turn on as soon as you start the car or does it only come on when you start moving? Are both seats not working at all? Were they working before you replaced the battery?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's always on and it was not on until the battery was replaced by AAA
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Okay, you need to check the fuses in the top of the overvoltage protection relay. The relay is located under the hood on the passenger side back near the hood hinge. I've attached a picture below. The relay is hiding behind the silver relay with the knob on top. Let me know what you find.