Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes c250, 2014. Have push button ignition. When trying

Customer Question

Mercedes c250, 2014. Have push button ignition . When trying to start, lights come on inside but takes 5-6 tries to start. When it does finally start, can feel brake " release" at same time?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: All panel lights
JA: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wondering if it's related to key fob
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the lights come on when trying to start usually this can indicate the key is o.k.

The fault here may be an issue with a faulty brake switch.If the brake switch is not sending the correct signal on whether the brake is pressed or not this will cause the no crank/no start intermittently like you see here.The other component I have seen act up can be the starter itself intermittently not engaging needing replaced.

What will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I suspect brake switch possibly or possible starter.There is a chance this is the ignition switch itself but not as common as the other two components listed here.

Being a 2014 model this may still be covered under factory warranty to be diagnosed and repaired at no cost to you from a dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete