Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2001 e320. CEL I checked the Code and it's P0221 & P0410

Customer Question

2001 e320. CEL I checked the Code and it's P0221 & P0410 then I drop it to a Mechanic for a quote. He told me that I need an Intake Manifold, MAP Sensor, Air Injection Line Cleaning, Replace all Vacuum line. I pass since I don't have cash at the moment but when I went home and check the code again it's now P0105, P0170, P0173. Will these be solved by changing the MAF and Map sensor?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: ON
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A/C not working. Code is EB!234 & EB!416
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, the P0170 and the P0173 are fuel mixture codes. These codes can be caused by vacuum leaks or low fuel pressure or a faulty mass air flow sensor. The P0105 is a MAP sensor code. This code can be caused by a vacuum leak to the sensor or broken wires to the sensor or a faulty sensor. Fuel pressure should be checked, all vacuum leaks should be fixed and the wiring to the MAP sensor checked before replacing either the MAF sensor or the MAP sensor.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Marty