Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

After a AAA installed a new battery in my 2005 mercede clk

Customer Question

after a AAA installed a new battery in my 2005 mercede clk 500 the cluster lights,head lights and turn signals stopped working. what is the prodlem
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can cause a voltage surge damaging one of the SAM control unit/ecu's as I have seen before in the past with it needing replaced.It tends to be a voltage surge or spike that can cause this here when connecting a battery in some cases unfortunately.If you have not checked to make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels this needs done first.If all fuses in all panels are found to be o.k. then I would have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If a SAM control unit does need replaced it will need programmed to operate properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete