Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2002 mercedes c 230 am, and 2day while driving it

Customer Question

i have a 2002 mercedes c 230 am
JA: What is the model of your '02 Mercedes?
Customer: and 2day while driving it wasnt responding well while moving
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think i also have electrical issues cos my custom radio is flickering on and off
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: after market
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you describe to me what was occuring when it wasnt responding?

Are other electronics acting up as well with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
ok. i was driving in traffic and all of a sudden the car started acting like the fuel was low i revved and it didnt move
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i was shocked cos it had never behave like that before
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

When you revved it did the engine actually rev up in speed but the vehicle did not move?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
yeah
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
but when then car cooled down it didnt act like that anymore
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i guess its just when am in traffic
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
what could be the cause?
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

I apologize for the delay.

If the engine actually revs but the transmission does not move the vehicle this indicates the engine and engine components are o.k. but this is a fault in the transmission itself.I have seen the valve body in the transmission act up like this here in the past needing replaced as well as solenoids in the valve body.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.I suspect one of these as the cause here as I have had to replace in the past and using a scan tool for codes is the first step.The transmission components may have to be tested to pinpoint the cause which can require special transmission test tools from a dealer or transmission repair facility.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete