Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

My 3rd brake light was replaced and there is a plug that is

Customer Question

my 3rd brake light was replaced and there is a plug that is missing a part on 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK320
the plug number is ***** what does it plug into after the 3rd brake light to give the 3rd brake light power
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 21 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you today. The part number on that connector is a very common one and applies too 100 different assemblies. But since it is in the trunk, I can narrow it down. How many pins is it and the color? It can't be for power up the 3rd brake light if the 3rd brake light is already plugged in, the 3rd brake light has a direct power feed to the rear module.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
the plug is black and it has 5 wires I can send you a picture

Isn't that the plug for the trunk emergency release button that is located on the carpeted panel that is not in the picture?

I'm looking at a wiring diagram right now and its taking a little bit of time so thanks for being patient!

Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 17 days ago.

We're you able to find the connector?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no answer was given please give me a answer
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 15 days ago.

You didn't answer my question if that connector was for the emergency trunk release button on the carpeted trunk liner panel? It's usually a green or red button. I asked the question a few minutes after you posted the pictures.