MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Leaking fluid from the radiator overflow valve.

Customer Question

Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 23 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist you today! In order to give a more accurate answer, I will need some more information. Was the original problem always fluid leaking from the radiator overflow valve? What is the engine temperature on the dash at operating temperature? Have you felt both upper and lower radiator hoses to make sure they are close in temperature (Lower hose being lower in temperature) How about the temperature of the "in" and "out" heater core hoses?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Michael,The problem was always fluid leaking from the overflow valve. The temperature gauge never indicated an overheating problem. The fluid is warm to the touch when it leaks but not hot - which is baffling. I can't comment on the temperature of the hoses; I never checked them.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Are we still connected?