Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

My mercedes Benz E350 avangard 2010, I bring it to

Customer Question

Hello...
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: my mercedes Benz E350 avangard 2010
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bring it to diagnostic he said air bags are not exploded but there is a problem in my sensor of the front seat
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I don't now really but they said that there is a sensor under the front seats that are not working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought the car yesterday the front seats leather was opened,and thy did not tell me the story behind that
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
What to do?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
009647504328951
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 26 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The only sensor for the seats is actually in the form of weight sensors mounted on the front passenger seat frame. This is a government mandated feature because if a child is under 40 lbs, an airbag will kill them. The front passenger seat weighs the passenger and then arms/disarms the frontal passenger air bag. If these are the only fault codes that the diagnostic computer read out, then the repair is quite expensive. I will offer you the phone call.

We can communicate through phone but you have to accept the service.