MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

On Mercedes ML500 2002 trying to put in another drivers side

Customer Question

on Mercedes ML500 2002 trying to put in another drivers side door lock. before doing so have disconnected old door lock from actuator. plugged in new door actuator and tried the FOB. All doors lock but the drivers door will not unlock from the FOB or the center console
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes they are working as it locks all but only unlocks passenger and rears
JA: Are you fixing your ML500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: on Mercedes ML500 2002 trying to put in another drivers side door lock. before doing so have disconnected old door lock from actuator. plugged in new door actuator and tried the FOB. All doors lock but the drivers door will not unlock from the FOB or the center console
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh i thought you were the mechanic.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 30 days ago.

I don't think the door will lock if the door is open, when you tried to actuate the lock, did you have the lock closed and the door switch pushed to close?