Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Two problems that i think are related my turn indicator arm

Customer Question

hi two problems that i think are related my turn indicator arm on my 2002 SLK 320 broke and i replaced it with one i got from a salvage yard but i only replaced the arm not the entire steering column, i had connected the wires manually around the same time, my back lights started acting strange like the lights on the left and right work but they did not turn on at the right times, like the back blinker would blink with 3 out of 4 lights on one side and on the other side, it would be different lights now the drivers side lights in the back dont work at all
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no just symptoms :)
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mercedes mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2002 Mercedes SLK 320\
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i already told you i also replaced the bulbs and checked the fuses
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: can you look at the chat history instead
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing to check here is if the incorrect bulbs are used this will cause this issue here.The wattage of the bulbs has to be correct or all lights can start to act up like this here.Usually a genuine Mercedes bulb needs installed in each socket.If this is all o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.
Thanks Pete