MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I just recently bought a 2000 CLK 320. And I noticed that

Customer Question

I just recently bought a 2000 CLK 320. And I noticed that when I go over a bumpy road or a bump itself that it acts as it I'm about to lose control of the wheel and the car is about to fall to the ground, and it makes a rattle as if something is lose.
What could possibly be causing this? Because I was thinking maybe it needs an alignment due to the steering wheel being a bit turned also.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like something is very loose in the suspension. It is common for springs to break, but only partially and cause noises and issues. Also, one completely bad shock will make the car feel unstable because it unbalances the car. The alignment wouldn't be necessary until after the repairs are made. Is the noise from the front or rear of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Front of the vehicle