Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

This question is for Marty only.. Marty, from our last

Customer Question

This question is for Marty only.. hey Marty, from our last conversation. I ran some test on the vehicle. First I put the scanner on the car. (No codes came up) then i checked for any noise coming from the fuel pump priming when i turned the key (none). Then went checked the fuse and relay both were good. Then i got a hold of a fuel preasure test kit, tapped into the fuel rail and got no preasure when I turned the key. So i went ahead and ordered the fuel pump from the dealer. I installed it and the vehicle fired right up. In the past 4 days the car has been running perfect. One thing is I still can't duplicate the rattle sound from the exhaust on the left front that we had talked about. I will keep my ears out for that sound it it would ever come back. Do you think the misfire I had was caused by a faulty fuel pump?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi Luis, glad to hear you got it running. If the pump was running at reduced pressure it could certainly have caused a misfire but if you were only getting misfires for all 3 cylinders on one side of the motor I would still suspect a restricted catalytic converter. If it's running okay now I would just wait and see what happens.

Let me know if you need anything.

Marty