Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

2005 slr 500 mercedes transmission trouble code from obd

Customer Question

2005 slr 500 mercedes transmission trouble code from obd autel maxdias ds708 trouble code
p2112 the internal electrical check of component Y3/8y7 (break control solenoid valve (VGS) has failed. read and observe repair info)
have many recourses and unable to find repair info
also has codes p2502 and p2505 which is in limp home mode either torque converter is locked up or rear planter gear problem
please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 month ago.

The fault code P2112 is for an electrical failure of one of brake solenoids. Here is a picture as to the location of the solenoid. The other fault codes are for the transmission slipping causing an implausible gear ratio. When ever I have this fault code, it is a good idea to check the fluid level (Pull drain plug while the engine is running,transmission in park and warmed up to about 100 degrees Fahrenheit, should have slight stream of oil coming out). If the fluid level looks good, then drop the pan and check the condition of the oil, look for debris (metal or excessive clutch material). If all of this checks out, then there must be a failure in the valve body some where. Technically you should replace the complete valvebody since the solenoids are matched. There are some companies that you can send it out and have it repaired. Here is one of them http://gnnmotors.com/mercedes-benz-722.9-valve-body-repair.html Let me know if you have any questions.