Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Can't get the low beam headlight to work, replaced it and it

Customer Question

Can't get the low beam headlight to work, replaced it and it worked for a month then went out, ordered another headlamp but still doesn't work.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2008 GL 450
JA: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced headlamp, worked for a month went out. Replaced and still not working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Light bulbs can be tricky, control modules control the lights, so the first thing i always ask is , is there a light out warning on the dash? anytime we have a bulb failure there is a lamp out warning on the dash, if there is not AND we have a bulb that is not working then we need to suspect a failing or failed module, let me know and we can go from there. Lou P.