MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Well, I'm just looking into why I get occasional starts when

Customer Question

Well, I'm just looking into why I get occasional starts when I turn the key. I'm reading that it might be the ignition switch I might have to change for my 2004 e320
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Car in park, no wheel lock feature, which still won't cause the car to start every now and then. Eventually, it starts, but, I'm tired of the crap shoot
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm fixing the car myself, I do most of the wrenching myself anyway. The main thing I did was replace the battery, but it still happens
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A question, what is the cost for getting an answer to this issue.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mercedes mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Okay
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 28 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** cannot tell from your question whether you are dealing with a crank/no start situation or a no crank situation. Can you clarify the problem?