Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I think I need a Body Shop Specialist instead of a Mechanic,

Customer Question

I think I need a Body Shop Specialist instead of a Mechanic, I have 99 Mercedes E320 that the Passenger Side Corner Hood release Latch is jammed and I cannot go up thru the engine compartment to release it or cannot take off wheel to access it thru the wheel well..?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately when this issue here occur I have myself and have also seen several other Mercedes technicians have to cut into the grill to access the latch manually to try and release it.Most likely the latch needs cleaned and lubricated or replaced to resolve this here once opened.Then once opened the grill is replaced or repaired.I wish I have better news on this for you here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind od tool do you need because I can't get in there with a metal coat hanger..?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately it can be a number of different tools like long needle nose pliers,mechanics wire,screw driver, etc. but usually the front grille has to be removed to access the latch or the grille cut out to access it.I have had to do this myself as well as seen others do this before and then had to either repair or replace the grill afterwards.If this is not an option for you let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete