Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My sound system does not work. The screen comes up somewhat

Customer Question

My sound system does not work. The screen comes up somewhat shaded but that's it. Also, my interior lights don't come on.
I pulled certain fuses and put them back but no change.
It's a 2005 CLK500 Cabriolet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here can be due to an internal electrical fault in the Front SAM control unit itself.I have seen this fail before in the past and cause electrical issues like this here.I would have the fault codes checked in the front sam unit to see what codes are set using a compatible scan tool or dealers sds machine.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete