Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2010 C300 Command Screen works for 3 seconds then off for 2

Customer Question

2010 C300 Command Screen works for 3 seconds then off for 2 minutes on 2 seconds Mercedes wants $1600 to replace it less than 50k miles on this $40,000 car
JA: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Software update
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be an issue with the Ipod wiring harness interface connection at the radio itself.Mercedes had even released a bulletin on this connection as the cause to replace this harness.If your model has the Ipod kit if this was not checked into this needs done to see if this harness needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete