Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2001 s500 in which i changed the right rear

Customer Question

i have a 2001 s500 in which i changed the right rear airneumatic im trying to calibrate it and the reading of the voltages in signal 1 for the level sensor is reading .69 all the time the right rear lowers down all the way but marks that it withholds the pressure but it does not lift up also when i lower the left the pressure of the left is the same of the right neumatic air spring
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not tried to check and clear out the fault codes in the suspension computer this needs done first.This can cause issues with calibration faults.If this is or was done already let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already done only one side left rear raises when I try to raise rear strange thing is that when I read the pressure on the right rear it signals it's all the way up
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Inspect for any damaged or corroded wiring leading from the level sensor and see if any issues are found.If you find any issues with the wiring this will need repaired to resolve this here.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete