Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2014 GL450 rear door will not open. Had the door handle off

Customer Question

2014 GL450 rear door will not open. Had the door handle off for refinish. DOes the module need reprogramming? Cable from handle functions, won't unlatch the latch mechanism
JA: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?
Customer: GL450 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are a body shop that had the vehicle in for minor paint repairs. Took door handle off for refinish and after reassembling it, it will work for a while, then it stops working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We can take it apart and reassemble, it will work for a while, then quit working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the handle connection or release that controls the latch and see if it is bent or damaged in any way.I have seen in some cases where this can become bent or damaged causing this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete