Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Second opinion] - why does my dashboard message keep saying

Customer Question

Second opinion] - why does my dashboard message keep saying battery voltage is low. i did a diagnostic scan but the error message for the transmission keep saying low voltage even though I'm using a new battery. how can i solve for this problem? the transmission doesn't shift and the car does not rise. the car have been sitting for 3 years with no solution. i have taken it to various workshop within the Bahamas but no one can solve the problem. some parts were stolen out of the vehicle from the proprietor and we've replaced them. please assist me as best as you can please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you know for sure that the battery is o.k. as well as the alternator charging properly this can be a fault with damaged or corroded wiring to the transmission ecu or transmission itself.This will cause false low voltage issues here.If this has not been inspected this needs done.If this was already inspected and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete