Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

After remaining outside with an overnight temperature less

Customer Question

After remaining outside with an overnight temperature less than 60 F, the engine start circuit does not close until the outside temperature is greater than 65 F
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Not recently.
JA: What is the model of your '60 Mercedes?
Customer: It is a 2004 CL500.
JA: Are you fixing your CL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I would like to remedy this condition. I wait until the outside temperature exceeds 65 F before attempting to energize the start circuit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is due to an electronic becoming to cool to start the engine due to being weak.I have seen issues with the electronic ignition switch cause this needing replaced as well as a SAM control ecu needing replaced.I have also seen where loose or corroded battery cables or cables at the starter that can cause this needing corrected.I would have the cables and connections checked first to see if any issues are found and if these are all found to be o.k. then I would have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set as this will help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete