Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have r230 sltwo of ABC hydraulic lines need to be replaced

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: i have r230 sl(###) ###-####two of ABC hydraulic lines need to be replaced front driver side
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not myself, but i may try because my mechanic is quoting me $1300 he says he would have to remove the exhaust and sub frame which would rack of over 11 hours of labor ?does that sound right
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 80000 i dont drive it that often, may be 200 miles/wk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats pretty much it, i have pictures of the hoses as well, and it just seem slike $1300 is a realy high number to replace two suspension hoses thanks for your help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** your mechanic is probably correct. If the hydraulic hose that runs above the subframe has burst it is very labor intensive to replace it. 10 hours labor is the going rate. If he is charging 11 hours he is right in the ballpark. The motor needs to be lifted and the subframe needs to be lowered to replace the hose. I believe the hoses in question run from the front valve block as I recall. Perhaps the one from the pump also requires lowering the subframe.

Let me know if you need anything else.