MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2000 c 230 not charging batt has new alt plenty of

Customer Question

I have a 2000 c 230 not charging batt has new alt plenty of volts out of back of alt not getting charge to batt
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: checked fuses under hood and in trunk are there any more no wiring diagram
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?
Customer: c230 k
JA: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes put on new alt checked fuses and voltage at alt and at batt volts not getting to batt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: are there a relay for the charging system
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The cable from the alternator to charge the battery runs to the starter motor (make sure the starter motor power connection is clean and tight on the starter) then to the terminal block X4 which is in the left footwell area then to the battery.So if you have loose connections at the starter or X4 terminal block this issue will occur here as well as a faulty,damaged cable leading from the alternator to one of these components or to the battery from one of these components.All of these need checked to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete