Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2004 E320 wont crank. It tries for about 1/4 of a second

Customer Question

2004 E320 wont crank. It tries for about 1/4 of a second then nothing. about 5 to 30 times later it starts with no problem. Help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with the electronic ignition switch itself not sending a signal intermittently causing a no crank issue.I have also seen issues with the ME (engine computer) that can cause this as well needing replaced.I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this fault here then those codes diagnosed to help locate this issue.This may also take some electrical testing to help locate the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That was the most basic, simplistic not-at-all-helpful answer I had ever read. I got more information from the MB World site than this one for which I paid $36.00! Not only was this a complete waste of time but this site also smacks of being scammed!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set using a scan tool or dealers sds machine that can plug in and communicate with all computers?