Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

No sound or radio stations, navigation works but no sound

Customer Question

No sound or radio stations
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: navigation works but no sound either
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007 S550
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also the left tail light does not work previous owner changed them to LED's and now the left does not work
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The led lights usually conflict with the computer controlled operation of the lights as they were not standard lights on this model here.When an incorrect light is detected by an ecu this causes a light issue here.Usually the lights have to be put back to the way they were to correct this issue or resistors put in line to compensate for the LED light style.

As for the no sound issue this is usually caused by a fault with the sound amplifier itself.It usually fails internally causing this fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete