Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My drivers seat is of track, 2008 E350, nothing, i think

Customer Question

my drivers seat is of track
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2008 E350
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think when it was moving back, it got stuck on a can, thank i removed
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can usually damage the track itself to where it needs replaced or to where the seat actually has to be removed and the track motor linkage disconnected (if possible as some you can and some you cannot) and then the track manually slide into place and the linkage put back into place.You will need to inspect this to see if this can be done but I can say in most cases when this has occurred I have had to replace the complete track assembly for this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete