Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 2012 Mercedes SLK250 and the paint is fading in

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Mercedes SLK250 and the paint is fading in these two spots (pics). That's crazy I spend almost $60k on a car it only has 28k miles. That shouldn't happen right? And is this covered to be repaired?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Mercedes did have some issues with paint or clear coat issues and did cover it to be repaired as long as it is not rock chip involved.If you use your finger tip in the area of the fade and feel any type of rock chip they usually will not cover it to be repaired at no charge to you.It does look like paint fade here that should be covered.I would speak to a local dealer or nearest dealer to see if they can get this covered under warranty to be repaired.If they will not help you can contact Mercedes customer support and they will usually help push this along to get repaired here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete