Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Battery was drained over the weekend; driver left the lights

Customer Question

Battery was drained over the weekend; driver left the lights on. Swapped in brand new battery and cannot get anything to power up
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: head lights
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2011 Mecedes/Freighliner
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far checked the fuses and swapped battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, other than that the key will not turn either.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try disconnecting the battery with the key out of the ignition.Wait about 5 minutes then reconnect the battery and then leave it for about 5 minutes then try locking and unlocking the doors then see if it all works then o.k.If this does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete