FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

I replaced my fuel pump and sender and my gas mileage is

Customer Question

I replaced my fuel pump and sender and my gas mileage is reading wrong
JA: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?
Customer: I am not sure. I took to firestone and they said pump was bad so they replace it. Then i noticed my gas was not reading correctly. So the warranty caused for Mercedes to fix it. They supposedly fixed but its still reading wrong
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 r 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So I took it to Mercedes 3 weeks ago and they said the pump and sender was faulty.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mercedes replaced it and its still not working. They are trying to charge me again for something else
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** of the time this will reset once the computer learns the new fuel level position sensor. You need to refill the fuel tank to full about 4-5 times after the tank gets to about 1/4 tank and that should allow the computer to relearn the new sensor. At that time the readout should be correct. If you need more help please let me know.