gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2006 c350 4 matic. Driving home yestrerday I heard

Customer Question

I have a 2006 c350 4 matic. Driving home yestrerday I heard a pop and a noise like an open wind tunnel. If I drive below 40MPH there is no noise. What could have happened?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: just started yesterday, and it seems like its coming from under the car
JA: Are you fixing your C350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car has 86000 miles
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 6 months ago.

Have you looked under the car to see if any of the underbody air flow panels are hanging down, especially right under the engine area? You don't have a check engine light or any engine running issues do you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are no check engine lights. nI can not get down to look under the car I have bad legs and am disabled. Anything else I can do?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you have anything else for me?

If it is not running badly, then I am pretty sure you aren't having an issue with an engine hose coming off. I think the underbelly pan may have popped loose, as it needs to be loosened and refastened every time the oil is changed. Have you had the oil changed recently? If so I would bring it back in and have them check to see if anything is loose.