MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have 2001 Mercedes E320 with 110,00 miles and I went to LA

Customer Question

I have 2001 Mercedes E320 with 110,00 miles and I went to LA MBZ dealer for an inspection. They have advised me that I have oil leak, need tune up and need to replace transmission mount. And I have another problem which is my MPG is like 10 miles/gallon. I recently put the Engine and fuel additives. Since then, my car's MPG decreased. I do not want to spend too much money but then I would like to take of of some of the problems with minimizing the cost. Is this something you can help me with?
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: No, because each shop has different prices and repair suggestions. I don't know who to trust.
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't think I can fix it myself. i am checking around to see if I can find someone or shop that are trustworthy.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to get true and honest opinion for my car and reasonable on repair price.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** can help you with this. Can you tell me specifically what the shop said was leaking on the motor? Also, is your check engine light on?