Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

During a maintenance inspection at a dealer do mercedes

Customer Question

During a maintenance inspection at a dealer do mercedes mechanics check the oil?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

yes they will for sure check the oil on maintenance inspection it is basic to do that

Please let me know if that works for you or you have another question on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how would they check it and would they replace it if it were dirty?

1- they will check with a Star diagnostic scanner , Mercedes can read the oil level off the oil level sensor and the hours and mileage since last service .

or

2- check it thru the dips stick, they have the dipstick to insert to check

or

3- or to replace they use a suction machine to change oil like below

AP18.00-P-0101-02Z Suction Off Engine Oil ENGINE 102, 103, 104, 110, 111, 112, 113, 115, 119, 120, 133, 137, 157, 166, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275 (except 275.981/983), 276, 278, 279, 285, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 611, 612, 613, 616, 617, 628, 642, 646, 647, 648, 668 up to 8/31/00

Engine oil should only be extracted when at operating temperature. Extraction of the engine oil can be commenced immediately after the engine has been stopped. It must however be ensured that the extraction procedure is not stopped until at least 5 min after the engine has been switched off and the old oil filter has been removed. This gives the engine oil time to flow back into the oil pan. If necessary, the extraction procedure must be started several times before the 5 minutes have expired. It will otherwise not be possible to extract all of the engine oil. Any quantity of oil remaining in the engine can result in overfilling after pouring in the specified oil change quantity. This can then result in damage to the engine and catalytic converter. Engine oil should only be extracted when at operating temperature. 1 Pull out oil dipstick and extract engine oil through the guide tube. Engine oil suction unit - mobile gotis://S_18.1_02.0

Please let me know if that work for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Thank You
Chad Farhat