Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1995 e320 sedan, sunroof inside cover is in 2 parts. any

Customer Question

1995 e320 sedan, sunroof inside cover is in 2 parts. any pictures or diagrams available?
JA: Are you fixing your E320 Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thank you for being with me. My name is***** mechanical problems have been fixed by my mechanic. Tilting and sliding work. The sunroof undercover panel has been re-upholsterd but when in place, the sunroof is stuck. How is this 2 parts panel supposed to be put back together?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are the 2 parts of the panel supposed to be working separately? Pictures?, Diagrams? Thank you!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi George, my name is Marty. Click here for the instructions to remove and install the panel. Step 6 is critical as the sliders receive the panel at the back. If you have the lining installed correctly what I have seen in the past is that the material used to cover the panel is too thick and will bind up the roof when opening and closing.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Marty, I already know about removal and re-fitting of the sun roof. I want to know about the under-the-sun roof-panel. It is in 2 parts. Do they work separately or do they work as just one solid piece. pictures or diagrams would be helpful. Thank you.
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

The sunroof panel or headliner is one piece and slides back and forth as one piece with the roof. When you lift the back of the roof the rear section of the headliner panel lifts up. The instructions I sent were for the headliner panel.