Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Pre Safe 2008 w211 after picking car up from "BMW" E350, Bmw

Customer Question

Pre Safe 2008 w211 after picking car up from "BMW"
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: E350
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bmw dealer replaced seatbelts after a srs malfunction.. As well as cleared a airbag code
JA: Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: They had problems w the battery they ran it down it has sat for 3 mos
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have no idea whats wrong
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if they disconnected the battery at any time then there are items that need to be relearned. We can only relearn so many without a scan tool so we can try , we need to make sure all windows and sunroof can work with the auto open and close function first of all. if they do not let me know, then also we need to move the front seats to the max position in all directions, forward, up , back , and down, then the same to the steering wheel, forward, up, back , down, to relearn all the positions, this should clear the presafe, if it does not you need to get it to the benz dealer so the scan tool can learn the seats and steering wheel automatically, presafe is a safety function in the event of a crash the car will move the seats, and steering wheel and windows and sunroof to a better position in the event of a crash so if they are not learned electronically then the warning will be on the dash, hope this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.