Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2012 sprinter. ran out of def, went to the safety mode,

Customer Question

2012 sprinter . ran out of def , went to the safety mode , filled it up and still not cranking . went thru the resetting process on line with a tech , still can not get it to reset .
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: the van not cranking . there is no def level indicator . I used all the cranking warning before it went to that stage .
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not much besides finding out if there is a way to reset the system . everybody wants me to bring the van to there location including dealer . can not afford any big tab .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what else can go wrong with the truck . was running fine , ran out of def and now can not reset to get it going again .
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases a fault code sets in the engine computer that needs cleared out with a compatible scan tool to correct this here.If you have not had the codes checked and to see if you can clear them with a scan tool this needs done.If this has already been done and did not correct the fault here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete