Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a C300 2011 the drive door will not lock all other

Customer Question

I have a C300 *****door will not lock all other doors lock Even on the drivers side will not lock manually Thank Randy
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes just happen working fine otherwise
JA: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check on board computer vehicle locking . tried with the key will not let me lock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: should be it thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi Randy, my name is***** problem will typically be caused by a faulty door lock actuator. The door lock and the actuator are sold as an assembly. If all other doors lock and unlock you should simply need to replace the lock with actuator for the driver's door. In some cases the actuator will seize up and prevent you from locking the door manually which appears to be what has happened in your case. The actuator retails for approximately $165 without the keyless go option. It's a 2 hour labor operation to replace the lock.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Hi Randy, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. You never rated my service on this question therefore I never received payment from the website for helping you. Please rate my service or reply back if you need further assistance.

Marty