MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2004 CLK500. The front timing cover was damaged in

Customer Question

I have a 2004 CLK500. The front timing cover was damaged in an accident. Do you have instructions on the procedure to remove and replace this cover ?
JA: How many miles are on the car? When was your last oil change?
Customer: There are about 97,000 miles on the car. I bought the car at a salvage auction, so I am not aware of its service history. My intention is to change the oil before driving before driving it.
JA: Are you fixing your CLK500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done part of the work. I have the car at a body shop now and I have found a replacement front cover at a salvage yard. Other than inspecting the timing cover (it is badly cracked at the filter housing) I have not made any attempt to remove it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am thinking..................
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** are quite a few steps for the removal of the timing cover. I am unable to post them here but I can send all of the instructions to your private email address for an additional service fee. You will need to send me your email address and accept the additional service offer and I can send you the instructions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After closely looking at the timing cover, I decided that this was a job beyond the ability of a novice. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Yes it is a huge undertaking! Smart move!