FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Evening i have 2008 gl450 mercedez benz well i hit a bump

Customer Question

Evening i have 2008 gl450 mercedez benz well i hit a bump real hard!!!! And now my rear suspension goes down when driving and on my dash it says compressor cooling down and malfunction but i looked at my air bags and they seem ok?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is because you have ruptured an air spring. Typically as these air spring age they become cracked and weathered. Then when you hit a bump hard it can rupture the spring which causes the compressor to run for too long causing it to heat up. There is an air spring that is failing causing this to occur. These need to be checked and replaced in pairs. If you need more help please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Awesome thank you much quick question Excuse my ignorance air spring?do you have a picture or where are they located in the rear of the gl450
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

I have been having trouble with my database system lately. I can tell you though that they are located on the rear of the vehicle just behind the rear wheels on the suspension.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But right now my vehicle is parked and air springs seemed good full of air and hard and its not lowered from the rear when driving that malfunction light coms on and my gl450 starts to jerk up and down when i hit a bump or anything real bad as iff the bags are flat or deflated ???? Ps help
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

If the hole is small enough then the leak can appear at any point causing the compressor to overwork. It can be very intermittent.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just took airsprings out but no rips or holes or cuts they are great but the air line that connects to the air pring the brass nut or screw whatever u call it its bottom small part was broken when i unscrewd it what do you call the brass small nut??
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

If it is the brass part that the line goes into it is the line lock or coupler.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Awesome if the line lock coupler bottom small piece was broken upon taken it off can that be the problem??
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

If that is broken then it would definitely cause this. I would replace that and you should be fine.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Awesome well now big question???? Can i buy the coupler line lock at the dealer ??? im looking for it now and i cannot find anything!!!! Just air spring but i hope i dont have to buy the whole airspring just because of the lock line coupler
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can u find it for me and send me the link???
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

I have never seen these separate online, but some dealers will get them for you. Some will try and sell it as an entire unit.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Then i guess i will find out tomorrow thank you much for now
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 5 months ago.

No problem. If I can be of further help please let me know.