Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2002 Mercedes 500 SUV. BIN # 4JGAB75eo2a328412 The

I have a 2002 Mercedes 500 SUV. BIN # 4JGAB75eo2a328412 The remote door opener is working. The problem is whenever I start the car and stop at say a red light and when I start to drive the door clicks open and close. It happens anytime I stop and begin to drive.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I will be here.

hey how are you

1- you need to check the door lock actuator & replace if defective , did the problem stayed after replacing the remote battery .

2- the BCM ( body control module ) The All-Activity-Module (AAM) (N10) is located on the left side of the engine compartment. It is plugged into the fuse and relay module (F1) from underneath.it controls all door lock activity( i sent you location

so the problem has toi be one of the 2, you start with the door lock actuator .

if you have acess to A Star mercedes diagnsotic scanner ,if you scan the BCM module we can be more accurate

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't want to switch to live phone call.

yes disregard the phone call request the system sends it , no need for phone call here , just ignore it if it showing on your screen

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you put the answer on this chat page?

yes it is always here for you

the answer stays on this page and can come back to it anytime you want

Chad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.

You welcome

Please dont forget To Rate me before you exit since that is how we get compensated

Please let me know if anything else you need

Thank You

Chad Farhat