MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a MB 200E year 1990. I ran out of petrol completely,

Customer Question

I have a MB 200E year 1990. I ran out of petrol completely, and as I cannot start the engine, thee is no vacum for the operation of the central locking system. Thus I cannot open the flap covering the tankover and cannot get the petrol into the tank. Also the bagage lid will not open - not even with the key directly in its lock. Any ideas, please?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the central locking runs off of an electric pump, not engine vacuum, if you have the mechanical key you turn it in the trunk lock to the left to 11 oclock and then press the button in to manually pop the trunk. have you tried this.?