Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2000 e320 my steering is locked and I cant turn the

Customer Question

hello I have a 2000 e320 my steering is locked and I cant turn the key
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you 1- is the key wore out2- is the ignition switch feels loose Have you tried A Master reset ,I know you disconnect battery but did you do it this way Master reset Procedure1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if cables dont reach2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go3- Wait 15 minutes4- Make sure all doors are closed5- Reconnect battery Cables6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start Please let me knowThank YouChad FarhatASE Certified Technician
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician