Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I have a 1997 Mercedes Benz E320 that is a daily driver with

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Mercedes Benz E320 that is a daily driver with 289,493 miles on it. The problem is I have a start but no crank condition with a “Remove Key” message on the dashboard
I have fuel pressure but noid light shows no fire at injector. I had it towed to the local Mercedes Benz dealership and was told that it would cost about $1800.00 to get car fix due to immobilizer issues and that is more than the car is worth.
Due to age of car is there anyway I can disable immobilizer and get back on the road??
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

when dealing with the immobilizer there is no way around it, it needs to be replaced. instead of buying new you can get the keys and switch and modules sometimes on ebay .as long as they all match the vin the car will start. hope this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.